Don’t waste your time with promises when we guarantee results. Our no-risk offer will get you on page one of Google in 120 days* or we’ll work for FREE!
In its broadest sense, each email sent to a potential client may be considered email marketing. Choosing the right email marketing service can have an important impact on the success of your marketing campaign. We can help you collect emails and send a monthly newsletter to your clients, a proven way to get loads of continual clients.
What Is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is the highly powerful digital marketing strategy of sending emails to prospects and customers. Powerful marketing emails convert prospects into clients, and turn one-time buyers into loyal, outstanding fans.
Pro Tip: Check out these digital marketing best practices to level up your marketing game.
This guide is for those who are ready to devote to email marketing. If you’re not sure, you may want to read our guide on why you need to build an email list RIGHT NOW!
This is a long and detailed guide, so we’ve broken it down into different sections you can get to using the links in the Table of Contents below.
By using this definitive guide, you’ll know:
- How to build an email list full of targeted customers.
- How to optimize your emails for the highest open rates and click-through rates (CTR).
- How to automate the exercise of nurturing your leads and turning prospects into clients.
The Importance of Email Marketing
We’ve covered the biggest question, what is email marketing, but haven’t obtained into why email marketing is necessary for your business. Let’s talk about that now. In spite of the rise of social media and unsolicited spam email (which is never a good marketing strategy, by the way), email remains the most powerful way to nurture leads and turn them into customers. There are many reasons you must make email marketing one of your top priorities, but here are the top 3:
1. Did you know that at least 99% of consumers check their email on an everyday basis? That’s why email is the #1 communication channel.
2. On any social media platform, you own your list. your account (along with all your fans and posts) might be suspended or deleted at any time, for any reason, without notice. Nevertheless, you own your email list. No one can grasp those leads from you.
3. Email simply converts better. People who purchase products marketed through email spend 138% more than those who do not receive email offers. Actually, email marketing has an ROI (returns on investment) of 4400%. That’s great! And if you are pondering if social media converts even better, think again: the average order value of an email is at least three times higher than that of social media.
Email is simply the most effective way to make sales online.
How-To: Email Marketing
Wondering a way to start with email marketing? Email marketing is made up of various moving pieces, but that doesn’t mean it has to be complex. Here’s how it breaks down… You start with your list. OptinMonster made it super easy to start collecting leads easily, even without an email marketing service, with our Monster Leads integration.
With Monster Leads, you can begin building your email list, and even begin reaching out to leads, while keeping your leads stored safely inside your OptinMonster dashboard. Then, when you’re ready… You add an email service provider. There are a ton of them out there, but we take the guesswork out and make it really easy to choose the right one for you and your goals. After those two steps, it’s just a matter refining your lists and your messaging so you’re reaching your audience and really connecting with them. Plus, you will be able to set up some automation in your email service which will build things much more effortlessly for you. Ready to jump in? Let’s do it!
Growing Your Email List
What is a Lead Magnet?
A lead magnet (a.k.a. an optin bribe) is something great that you give away for free in exchange for an email address. It doesn’t have to cost you anything to create; most lead magnets are digital materials like PDFs, MP3 audio files, or videos that you can create yourself at minimal or no cost.
It can be absolutely anything you want, so long as it provides value to your visitors for free. Some popular lead magnet examples are:
• A cheat sheet of tips or strategies
• White papers or case studies
• A webinar
• Free trials or samples
• A free quote or consultation
• Quizzes or a self-assessment
• A coupon
The possibilities are endless! For more lead magnet ideas, check out our list of lead magnet ideas to expand your email list.
Learn More: Not sure how to create a lead magnet, or need step-by-step guidance? OptinMonster customers have FREE access to
How to Create a Lead Magnet from OptinMonster University!
What Makes a Good Lead Magnet?
You already know that a lead magnet needs to provide value for free. However, if you want your lead magnet to be highly effective, here are 5 criteria for you to consider:
1. Easily consumed: Lead magnets are only effective when the audience uses them, so if you deliver a 300-page manifesto, you won’t gain traction.
2. Actionable: Lead magnets need to provide an actionable tool, skillset, or useful information that your audience can apply.
3. Creates noticeable improvement: People continue to buy products and services if they work well. Your lead magnet will become fortunate if it’s as valuable as your products and services.
4. Relevant: If you’ve done your homework about your prospects, you’ll have no trouble coming up with a lead magnet subject that solves problems.
5. Immediately available: People love instant gratification, so give it to them right then and there. Check out 4 Ways to Deliver a Lead Magnet to see how easy it is to get your lead magnet out there using OptinMonster.
DOMINATE GOOGLE TODAY & CRUSH YOUR COMPETITION!
GET STARTED WITH $197 WORTH OF ADVICE FOR FREE
Take the first step to double your leads and sales by booking your FREE 30-Minute Growth Strategy Call Today.